General Summary of Job
The Senior Receptionist is responsible for supervision of the front desk and lobby area in the event the General Manager is not here. The Senior Receptionist has shown a dependable pattern of reliability and gained valuable experience in the course of working at It’s A Dogs Life MI. The Senior Receptionist is able to help guide new employees in their staff development, imparting knowledge gained from their own training and experience. The Senior Receptionist is able to operate independently requiring little or no direct supervision. The Senior Receptionist works under the supervision of the Client Services Manager.
1. Demonstrates ability to perform at a high level all duties described in the
Receptionist/Cashier Job Description.
2. Reports any problems or situations as they arise from staff or clients to the Client
3. Maintains a professional bearing, role modeling proper procedure and a positive attitude.
4. Opens or closes Company facility as needed and requested by management.
5. Manages the financial duties – closing out drawer, reconciling cash, checks and credit
6. Assist in maintaining the current integrity of all social media accounts – daily pictures,
birthday notifications, etc.
7. Assist in maintaining basic employee records and documentation.
8. Publish daily status reports to clients via text / email
9. Accountable for Inventory Management – notify General Manager when at re-order
10. Addresses new Client tours, assists in completing applications, validating vaccinations,
temperament testing scheduling
11. Data entry & integrity of / into Pet Services Point of Sale System
12. Inventory Management in Excel
13. Social Media uploads daily of pet activities throughout the day. Monitor Social Media
accounts to provide professional feedback and updates as required.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Cleaning responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Experience, Skills, Certification or Academic Background Required
15. High school graduate or GED
16. Good oral & written communication skills
17. Previous work experience demonstrating dependability
18. 1-2 years’ experience providing client service & processing payments
19. Self-motivated, independent worker
20. Proven leadership and training skills
21. Ability to work in a team environment
22. Good decision and problem-solving skills
23. Good organization and planning skills
24. Demonstrated flexibility and proven coping skills
25. Must have completed in house training programs
a. Completed in time frame as outlined:
b. Scored average or better on all practical exercises and tests
c. Demonstrated understanding of training materials exhibited by practical applications
through the performance of duties.